- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
- How you can address concerns over misuse of personal data.
- How policy changes will be communicated.
Information Collection, Use and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you.
We will use your information to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g., to ship an order.
We request information from you in our Shopping Cart Checkout. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and postal/shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we’ll use this information to contact you.
Registration (optional) – In order to activate our Bootniks one year warranty, we request registration information from you in our optional Bootniks Registry. During registration a user is required to give certain information (such as name, postal address and email address). This information is used to confirm your purchase so we can activate your warranty.
Giveaways (optional) – In order to enter in our monthly drawing for a free Bootniks boot saver, we request registration information from you in our optional Bootniks Giveaway page. During registration a user is required to give certain information (such as name, postal address, phone number and email address). This information is used to notify the winners and award the free Bootniks boot saver. At your option, you may also provide your birth month and day in order to qualify for a birthday gift coupon toward future purchases, but this information is not required.
Sharing – We partner with third parties for specific services such as order processing, order fulfillment and shipping. When you provide information via this website, we will share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third part to provide these services. These parties are not allowed to use your personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
Links – This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable data.
Aggregate Site Statistics – We collect, in aggregate form only, the domain names of visitors to our site, as well as statistics about our sales, traffic patterns, and related site information. This information includes non-personally identifying information of visitors, such as browser software, operating system, and IP address, and is used for marketing and sales reporting, or to improve the design and function of the website. We also collect non-personally identifiable information via Google advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers, which includes information about user demographic and interest categories. You may opt out of this practice by clicking here or by visiting Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs page.
Ad Serving – We use a third-party service provider to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet and sometimes on this site. They may collect anonymous information about your visits to our Web site, and your interaction with our products and services. They may also use information about your visits to this and other Web sites to target advertisements for goods and services. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a pixel tag, which is industry standard technology used by most major web sites. No personally identifiable information is collected or used in this process. They do not know the name, phone number, address, email address, or any personally identifying information about the user. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this anonymous information used by our third party service provider, please click here.
We will not trade, sell, transfer or rent this information to anyone without your prior consent.
- E-mail Addresses – We collect e-mail addresses from online and telephone orders and Customer Services requests. We also collect e-mail addresses that are supplied to us through our optional Bootniks Registry and Bootniks Giveaway pages.
- Postal Addresses – We collect postal addresses that are supplied to us from online and telephone orders and our optional Bootniks Registry and Bootniks Giveaway pages.
- Telephone Numbers – We collect telephone numbers from online and telephone orders and Customer Services requests. We also collect telephone numbers that are supplied to us through our optional Bootniks Giveaway page. We do not retain telephone numbers for purposes other than contacting individuals with a question or information regarding their order or the optional Bootniks Giveaway.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, shipping, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identified information are kept in a secure environment.
Your Access to and Control over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via CustomerService@bootniks.com or 727-442-4004:
- Find out what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.